To achieve fair, professional and sustainable community forest management, towards an independent and prosperous community.
- To develop and encourage research activities in community forests
- To develop a community forest management system that is sustainable based on internationally-recognized certification standard Principles and Criteria.
- To develop the potential of community forests by considering economic, ecological and socio-cultural aspects
- To develop and synergize the potential of communities and other potentials in community forest exploitation.
- To Improve community welfare in the District. Gunung Kidul, especially members of the Dipantara’s farmer groups.
In articulating the Mission above, therefore Purposes of Dipantara Community Forest area are as follow:
- To develop and a community forest management strategy that grows time to time
- To develop and strengthen the economic independence of the community through community forest exploitation
- To increase community capacity in the management of community forests widely.
- To develop a pattern of togetherness/partnership between stakeholders in the management of community forests
- To develop silvicultural and agroforestry aspects in community forest management.
- Improve and improve environmental conditions in and around the Dipantara work area.
- Obtain and maintain minimum internationally-recognized certification standard for sustainable forest management on all members of the fostered community forest lands.