Community Forests Management
Dipantara is an organization that deals with the community forestry.
Dipantara is a company engaged in community forest management with private/private forest wood commodities. Community forest management is inseparable from management, harvesting, transportation and marketing activities. So the K3 training is structured to provide Occupational Safety and Health knowledge to personnel involved in these activities so that they always work safely.
a “Policy for Association” FSC-POL-01-004 V3-0 that is aligned with the FSC mission and values and will not engage in the following unacceptable activities:
a. Illegal logging or illegal trade of forest products
b. Violation of adat or human rights in the forestry or forest products sector
c. Violations of workers' rights and principles are defined in the International Labor Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at work in the forestry or forest products sector.
d. High Conservation Value (HCV) destruction in forests or in High Conservation Value areas
e. Conversion of natural forest cover
f. Use of genetically engineered organisms in forestry operations for purposes other than research.
- To develop and encourage research activities in community forests
- To develop a community forest management system that is sustainable based on internationally-recognized certification standard Principles and Criteria.
- To develop the potential of community forests by considering economic, ecological and socio-cultural aspects
- To develop and synergize the potential of communities and other potentials in community forest exploitation.
- To Improve community welfare in the District. Gunung Kidul, especially members of the Dipantara’s farmer groups.