The Women’s Forest Congress is looking for compelling and diverse content to inspire meaningful conversations and engagements for our 2022 event to develop strategies and solutions to address the most pressing current and forthcoming challenges for forests and women. We invite prospective session leaders, facilitators, presenters, moderators, organizers, etc. to submit proposals that advocate for and support one or more of the 2022 Congress themes listed below, and develop potential outcomes and/or resolutions for which the Women’s Forest Congress can implement and act upon post-Congress. To be considered, please submit your proposal below by Friday, April 29, 2022, 5 PM Eastern.Submit Your Proposal Now
Benefits of Participation and Session Leadership
- Recognition as a valued and thought-leading member of the Women’s Forest Congress community
- Discounted registration rate (rate tbd) for session leaders
- Session leaders and their organizations will be included in promotional information for the Congress
- Access to education sessions, keynotes, Congress meals, and official WFC networking events
Leadership for Equity and Inclusion
Workforce Opportunities for Increasing Recruitment
Women as Catalysts for Change
Addressing Today’s Greatest Forest Challenges
Supporting Each Other
- Proposals for creative, innovative, thoughtful, and atypical sessions are welcome and encouraged!
- The sessions throughout the 2022 Women’s Forest Congress will be offered in English. ASL interpretation will be provided.
- Proposals will only be accepted through the online form.
- All session leaders must provide contact information (name, credentials, title organization, email address, etc.), a short bio, and a high-resolution headshot.
- Session leaders must be available to attend the Congress in person.
- Please consider your topic and how it will align with the specified 2022 Congress Themes.
- Prospective session leaders may submit more than one (1) proposal for one or multiple 2022 Congress Themes. Please complete the submission form for each proposal separately.
- Sales pitches, self-promotions, mentions of products or services are not permitted, and any proposal that includes such promotion will be disqualified.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022: Call for Proposals Opens
- Friday, April 29, 2022, 5 PM ET: Call for Proposals Closes
- Week of June 13, 2022: Accepted Session Leaders Notified
- TBD: Congress Registration Deadline
- September 1, 2022: Final Presentations Due
- October 17-20, 2022: Attend the 2022 Women’s Forest Congress Inaugural Event
*Timelines are subject to change.
If you have any questions about the 2022 Women’s Forest Congress or the call for proposals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.