RESPONSIBLE SOURCING SPECIALIST – COFFEE COCOA
Apply by28 February 12:00 (UTC)
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for a Responsible Sourcing Specialist Coffee Cocoa to join our team in Indonesia or Vietnam for permanent contract.
You are expected to already have experience managing supply chains however, we will provide full training and development to support you as you grow in this role. Through our detailed onboarding and professional training, we will ensure you are fully equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
What you will do:
As a Responsible Sourcing Specialist (RSS) Coffee Cocoa, you will provide bespoke sustainability services to commercial clients and donors to support them in their goals to meet:
- legal requirements for sourcing natural resources (e.g., EU Deforestation Regulation, etc.).
- corporate sustainability policies, commitments, and strategic targets.
- global initiatives and sustainability standards (e.g., RA SAS, Global GAP, Organic, Fairtrade, AFi, IDH Living Wage, etc.)
- UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Responsible Sourcing Specialist Coffee Cocoa position consists of four main roles:
1. Responsible Sourcing Specialist
Support clients in the development and implementation of systems for responsible sourcing and associated activities, including policy development, supply chain engagement, risk assessment, risk mitigation activities (supplier audits, capacity building, stakeholder consultation, etc.), and supply chain intervention program (i.e., supplier monitoring programs, supplier workshop, traceability verification, smallholder development). Clients may include plantation level producers as well as brands who wish assessment of operation against company policies or gap analysis against certification or other international/national standards. The role may also include responsibilities related to the implementation of donor funded projects.
2. Service Delivery
Support Preferred by Nature team activities including quality, timeliness, and financial oversight in relation to client service delivery.
Support/conduct direct sales for sustainability services, including sales meetings, identifying service needs, creating proposals.
4. Administration & Internal Support
Administration and internal support relevant to the roles specified above.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture (preferred) or forestry or other natural science major, agroforestry etc.
- Proven experience in the agriculture (coffee and/or cocoa sector experience preferred) of minimum 5 years with expertise in ecology aspect and/or social aspect.
- Experience with conducting relevant ESG assessments for coffee and/or cocoa and other deforestation risk commodities.
- Experience with auditing system on agriculture schemes (RA SAS, Global Gap, Fairtrade, Organic, IDH Living Wage, etc.).
- Experience in working with wide range of stakeholders (private, government, etc.)
- Knowledge on agroforestry including soil conservation and carbon footprint on plantation is a plus.
- Experience working with smallholders is a plus.
- Communication skill – excellent written and verbal communication in English and native language (Bahasa Indonesia or Vietnamese).
- Familiar with working on national strategies/policy and international/bilateral agreements is an advantage.
If you have the above qualities, we are happy to discuss your potential further.
This is what we offer for you:
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 28 February 2022 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia or Vietnam will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted already during application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Specialist